PROPOSED NEW SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES BASED ON EIBA GUIDANCE, IN ORDER TO PROVIDE SOME FORM OF BOWLS ACTIVITY FOR THE WINTER SEASON.
1. The Club has introduced the following RULES for those Members who desire to return to bowling in the revised Leagues and Regular Bookings.
2. NO facilities will be available for non-organised roll-ups or casual practice, all rink use has to be booked in advance.
3. Drives may be booked by contacting Helen with the session you would like to take part in and she will register your place.
4. Only Four (4) rinks will be available for play at each session, leaving a vacant rink between rinks.
5. Session times will be changed to 2 hour and fifteen minutes, which will allow a half hour break between sessions. New times for the 5 sessions are:-
0900-11.15, 11.45-14.00, 14.30-16.45, 17.15-19.30 & 20.00-22.15.
6. Members will be responsible for ensuring strict adherence to the 2 metre social distancing both on and off the green throughout their visit to the club.
7. Face Covering will need to be worn at all times at the club, except for those who have an exemption note or when you are bowling or taking refreshments in the designated areas.
8. There is a Rink Fee of £24 per rink but it is accepted that sometimes this may not be possible due to illness or unforeseen circumstances. (£1 & £2 coins or notes only please, not small change).
9. A small band of Stewards have kindly volunteered to be on duty to help with taking money and issue score cards. There may be times when there is no Steward available. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of Members apply the rules appropriately.
10. A plastic box with the rink number on will be provided for you to put your rink fees in; please hand this to the Steward when all the rink money has been collected.
11. If there is no Steward on duty then one person from the Home Team is to be responsible for collecting rink fees, place money into an envelope and put into the locked box provided on the Stewards desk. Rink Number. Team names, Date and session time to be written on envelope for traceability purposes. PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS OR USE SANITISER AFTER HANDLING MONEY
12. Changing rooms will remain open for those members who either walk, take public transport to the club or whose disability makes it difficult for them to carry their equipment to and from the club, this is to enable them to collect their woods from the lockers. The changing room can also be used by all members to hang up their outer garments during inclement weather. No more than 4 members are allowed in the changing room at any one time. Please wear face coverings (unless you have an exemption) and observe social distancing at all times.
13. Members are asked to arrive dressed ready for play, except for changing into bowls shoes. Please use face coverings (unless exempt) at all times except when bowling or eating and drinking, and maintain social distancing, this includes when changing shoes. If you have to use a bowls trolley please try to fit them under the seat or leave it somewhere safe so others cannot trip over it.
14. Catering facilities will be provided and Members will be asked to wait to be seated in the dining room for any meals or mid-way teas/coffee. There will be no service from the kitchen hatch or bar. A paper menu will be provided, your order taken and you will be served at your table.
15. ONLY 1 Member will be allowed in the toilet at any one time. Please clean anything you have touched after use and wash your hands thoroughly.
16. Do not come to the club if you are experiencing any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or any cold or flu-like symptoms, in particular a cough or a high temperature.
17. Entry to the club will be strictly for MEMBERS ONLY.
18. IF YOU ENTER THE CLUB MORE THAN TEN MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SESSION START TIME PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU DO NOT SIT ON THE RINK CHAIRS IN THE BAR AREA UNTIL THE CURRENT SESSION HAS FINISHED, VACATED THEM AND THEY HAVE BEEN CLEANED.
19. If you come to club to spectate please do not sit on the rink players chairs. Please source your own chair, maintaining 2m distancing or sit in the restaurant area. If you do source your own chair please do not remain in the players areas when they are having tea or changing as this would exceed the 6-person rule.
20. The front door must NOT be left open, i.e. no propping door open allowed.
21. Remember to SOCIAL DISTANCE when entering and leaving the club.
22. THREE HAND SANITISERS are provided as you come into the club, one on the wall inside the foyer and 2 others just inside the open double doors, one on the left by the meeting room door and one on the right by the league notices. These are for members to use when ENTERING AND LEAVING the Club.
23. End of rink SCOREBOARDS may be used by the Home number 2 with the aid of the end of their pen/pencil.
24. A number of changes to how the game is played will need to be made in order to reduce the handling of bowls equipment, such as mats and jacks (see Rules for Play).
25. Members not respecting these byelaws and judged to be putting their fellow bowlers at risk, may be asked to leave the premises.
Members who have been identified as being at a higher risk due to severe illness such as those with chronic medical conditions or compromised immune systems are encouraged to take heed of current Government guidelines and act accordingly.
RULES FOR PLAY
" Maximum six (6) members per rink 4 on the green and 2 off the green in order to achieve social distancing.
" Face coverings are not required when you are bowling.
" JACKS shall not be cast but placed by foot by the skips at the length required. (use 1 jack each end of green for this purpose). MATs will NOT be used. Instead an outline of the mat will be marked out with tape on the T and will remain in position at either end of the rink for the duration of the game (this is to prevent the need for members to handle jacks and mats and then having to sanitise them).
" The Home number 2 shall maintain a scorecard, they must ensure that all member's names and membership numbers are written on the card. This will also be required for Regular Bookings (for traceability we need to know which members have been playing on a particular day & session).
" The RE-SPOT shall be used if jack is displaced off the side of rink. If jack needs to be handled when removing from ditch, then wash hands and clean jack with sanitiser.
" Club bowls or umpiring equipment are NOT to be used.
" Use every alternate rink, i.e. 1,3, 5 & 7.
" Members that are not staying on for refreshments in the restaurant area, are asked to leave the Club immediately after they have completed their game.
" Please use the hand sanitiser IMMEDIATELY after completing your game.
" Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to by remaining at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
" NO handling of other Members bowls or equipment.
" Please try to use hand signals for giving instructions to team members at the other end of the rink.